Lochmere residents can enjoy any of our neighborhood lakes, including Lake Lochmere (the big lake), Lake Lomond (the lake with the walking trail) and Highlands Lake (in the Highlands neighborhood).
The Lochmere HOA owns and is responsible for the upkeep of the lakes. The trails and adjacent area for Lake Lomond is owned by the HOA. Most of the property surrounding Lake Lochmere is privately owned other than the dock and boat ramp area. At Highlands Lake, the area on the south side of the lake is privately owned to the waters edge by Lochmere Highlands homeowners.
Here's some information to help keep our lakes healthy, while enjoying them to their fullest!
- There is no swimming in any of our lakes. Inflatable rafts or rings are also not permitted.
- Fishing is allowed, but please respect the privacy of private property around Lake Lochmere and Highlands Lake. Panfish may be kept for the table, but bass are "catch and release" only. Please be responsible and remove any fishing line, hooks, and equipment when you leave. Fishing line and hooks are dangerous for all wildlife.
- Please don't feed the geese, swans or ducks. We'd like to discourage the geese from remaining on our lakes. Canadian Geese are an endangered migrating species and annually return to where they were born or fed during the prior season. The geese are messy and can leave considerable droppings that interfere with the beauty of the area, potentially transmit disease, and can cause environmental damage to the lakes. The swans have been located on the lakes to discourage the geese, who are natural enemies of the swans.
- Watercraft (on Lake Lochmere only) must display a Lochmere boating permit. You need two stickers per boat (one on each side of the bow) and the cost is $5 per watercraft. The stickers are available for purchase at the Lochmere Main Office (502 Lochmere Drive) during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Fees should be paid by a check payable Lochmere Homeowner's Association.
- Enjoy the 1.1 mile loop around Lake Lomond. Walking, jogging and strollers are great, but please no bikes, scooters skate boards, or skates.
- The lakes and trails are for the enjoyment of Lochmere residents only. Trespassers may be reported to the Cary police.
Residents of the Audubon Parc Apartments (adjacent to Lake Lomond) are permitted to use the Lake Lomond trail.
- Abide by all posted signage to maintain the beauty and safety of our facilities.
- Please keep your dog leashed at all times during visits to the lakes and lake trail and clean up after your pet.
- Swimming, kayaking, and canoeing is not allowed in any of the lake spillways or downstream tributaries.
Please see the attachment below for a complete list of rules and regulations regarding boating and lake use.