Lochmere has an active Community Watch program. There are several onsite meetings each year at which Cary Police leaders join us to discuss any recent criminal activity and offer safety and communication suggestions. An active email communications network is in place and continually expanding by which we carry on two-way communications in the neighborhood to validate any urgent crime/safety matters with Cary Police and forward accurate information to residents.
Lochmere Community Watch is committed to the effective two-way communication of information with regard to improvement of safety in our neighborhood. All residents are encouraged to "subscribe" to receive blast emails, monitor the news page, keep a watchful eye for neighbors, and contribute.
Residents are strongly discouraged from patrolling activity and direct approach of any suspicious individuals. Any suspicious activity or individuals should be immediately reported to Cary Police by phoning 911 if it is urgent or 919.469.4012 if it is not an emergency situation.
To help prevent crime, the Cary Police Department reminds homeowners to:
- Make sure exterior lights are mounted so as not to easily unscrew the bulbs.
- Use variable light timers and motion–sensitive lights to activate lights inside and outside your home.
- Lock all door and windows.
- Keep all trees and bushes neatly trimmed near doors and windows.
- Make sure valuables are not visible from the street.
- Work together with your neighbors on watching out for one another.
- Call the police if you witness any suspicious activity.
For more crime prevention tips, see the Police Department page at www.townofcary.org or call (919) 469-4324.
Key contact information for Cary Police Department, District 3:
- Non-Emergency Number: 919.469.4012
For real-time crime updates, follow the Town of Cary’s Safety feed on Twitter @TOC_Safety.